Tess is about to be 19 months old. She's had a big weekend, development wise. Three things happened:
1. She now tells us when she needs a diaper change. "Pee pee" is the code word. It's universal if you know what I mean.
2. She goes down the slide on our swingset all by herself. That includes climbing up the ladder to get there as well. It's awesome. I will post video of it soon.
3. She has figured out how to get herself items on the countertop. She slides one of her little chairs over to where she needs it and can reach up. Twice tonight she walked into the living room with a slice of pizza hanging out of her mouth, giggling.
She's at that perfect age - between 18 months and 2 years - that is just incredible to watch. She has a sick sense of humor - her newest thing is to climb up Kitty's shoulders while she's sitting in bed or on a couch and then jump off onto the pillows. It's insane.
She's also an outside kid - "owside" is one of her words. In the morning she likes to get her coat and bookbag to go to school with Mary and Nora. Whenever one of us heads out the door, she runs up behind us with her coat. "Owside!" The weather is turning and Papa is coming, so she'll get her owside time.
She says "what?" when you call her name. She says "Shoe" and "sockie." When she wants you to go with her its "c'mon." When you walk in the room its "hello" and "bye" when you leave. When you take something away its "I wan it" and when you try to feed her vegetables its "I dowan it."
Watching her vocabulary explode is awesome. She has a smile for every minute of the day and her laugh is truly infectuous. She's a blast. And we love her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't wait to see all of this when I'm there for Easter!!! She is the cutest kid imaginable (I can't even believe I'm saying that because mary and nobie are insanely cute, too)
Post a Comment