Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas 2009


Merry Christmas to everyone.

As the year ends I look back and again regret that I haven't posted here more. Here are some closing thoughts and let me again resolve to post more in 2009!

Tess started walking at 11 months. Earlier than our other two.

Tess is also the first baby where we should really childproof. She's the one on the stairs. The one in the cupboards. The one eating soap. And she bites so much we've nicknamed her "The Nibbler."

Nora is working hard on her writing. She's doing a great job with her letters and she hopes to "write books someday like Mary does."

Nora has also become the mother hen for Tess. It's so heartwarming to watch her engulf Tess with hugs and kisses. Tess' favorite thing to do is bust into Nora's room in the morning to wake her up. Nora reciprocates with the sweetest morning greetings for Tess.

Nora is also into using a computer. She spends lots of time on webkins world racking up points for Mary's pets.

Most of Nora's artwork includes a reference to Tess - either her name or a picture of Tess. It's so sweet.

Nora has also developed a sweet spot for her father. It took more than four years, but it's there now.

Mary is in first grade. She loves her school, her classmates and her friends. Her first report card made us cry. According to that document (produced by people we pay, but I digress), Mary is a leader in her class and one of the kids the others look to for help and reassurance. Knowing her and her tenderheart ways, there's no doubt that is true.

On the adult front, new job for me this year. New job for Kitty next year.

Our tenth anniversary is coming up. Any of you who came to the wedding in 1999 and want to come back in May to relive it please let me know. I'd be happy to organize something fun.

Merry Christmas everyone, and happy New Year!

DD

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally in for a May partay!!!

The Optimistic Duke said...

I can't believe how grown up the girls are! It was so great to meet Tess this summer, and I was tempted by Kitty's offer to drop out of school and move back in with you guys in February to take over nannying again but I suppose I had better finish my 3 semesters.
Thanks for the update!!!

Anonymous said...

I finally found your blog on our new computer backup. We hadn't read any of the fall and Christmas things before. The stories are great, especially the million word essay. I'm tearing up because it's so true, all of it.
And yes, we are ready to partay too.

Gramma and Grampa