Sunday, September 07, 2008

Mary is in First Grade

September 2008

Mary is in first grade. Yup. It seems like only yesterday when I was staying home on Mondays to take care of my baby girl. Now she’s a big girl and she’s going to real school. Here are a few photos.

It is mind blowing to say the least. She can read and write. Which means she can read the television guide when it’s on the screen. I’m looking for “sportscenter” and she’s finding and demanding “Tom and Jerry.”

This evening, after we put the kids to bed, Kitty and I were in the basement putting away toys and we heard footsteps on the first floor. I came up and nobody was there. Few minutes later same thing happened. Again I came up and nobody was there. Once we had enough of sorting tea sets and reattaching Barbie Doll heads we came up. We found on the counter two empty cups with a note scribbled on the back of a Soduko puzzle. It read: “Pleas Refil”. We both howled.

Mary continues to amaze us with her wit, her intelligence, her compassion, her tender heart, her deep caring for her sisters, her love for us and for everyone. She came home from her first day with an assignment from her teacher for us. We are supposed to write an essay “in a million words or less” about Mary and what her teacher shouldknow about her.

I’m thinking of printing out all my father’s corner essays from the old website and sending them in. Or maybe when we get that assignment done I will post it here for all to read.

Cheers everyone – if anyone is still reading this blog.

Mary Ready for First Grade, September 5

Mary and Mom


Mary and Dad at Orientation Day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god, mary's hair is so cute like this! and thanks for the update on her first day...the note was hilarious!

See you guys in October unless I can convince Kitty and you to come this weekend!

The Optimistic Duke said...

I am absolutely still reading this blog! I can't believe how grown up Mary is. She is absolutely beautiful. I miss you guys!