Thursday, May 03, 2007

Mary Hits a Milestone

So, Mary lost her first tooth this past weekend. I was in Iraq so I missed it. Her tooth had been loose for some time and she was excited by the process and the story of the Tooth Fairy.

Kitty was here of course. Apparently the tooth came out on Friday at school. Mary must not have realized it because she didn't have the tooth with her. That evening Kitty asked how her tooth was feeling and Mary said "Look mom, its gone."

Its just the latest milestone in her life. Coming up next week Mary turns FIVE. I can't believe it. It feels like yesterday (I know everyone uses that tired cliche) that I was spending my Mondays at home with her, walking her around the neighborhood all day while taking calls for work.

She used to say "oh-oh" when my cell phone would ring. Now when it rings she doesn't divert her eyes from the television while yelling: "Daaaaaaad. your phone!"

She is so big now I can hardly carry her. She is looking forward to her fifth birthday with excitement. She thinks being five is being a "big kid." She's right in so many ways. And I've never wanted more for her to be wrong.

This website is the offspring of another website we created for all of you to follow Mary's progress as she grew up. The idea was that our families were so spread out all over the country that the Internet would make it easier for you to keep track of our little girl(s).

Going back and reading the old posts is no longer possible for most of you. But I have those old pages and its fun to go back and read about what we were thinking and what we thought was important to share with you. I know many of you have been reading these websites from the very beginning and I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have.

So Mary lost her first tooth and will be 5 in 12 days. Her Daddy still can't believe how she made his dreams come true on May 15 2002. Hopefully someday she will believe that she did.

No comments: